Sunday, September 12, 2010

Death sentences

...are about anywhere on the island. And being the paranoid freak that I am, every little bug, cliff, and tiny (but painful) jellyfish washed on shore freaks me out. Oh and not to mention the centipedes here. The bites are so painful it can feel like a bee sting or being shot by a gun. The doctors here say the only cure is being drunk for three days. Not pretty.

I can't wait till someone visits us. (Although the previous paragraph may not be the best persuasion to come visit) We have been going out and exploring and some of the sights I just have to share! We're also getting ticked at the naive tourists around here who say they don't have time or interest in going to Hana. These people shouldn't be on Maui. If you want sand and ocean, go to Florida or Califonia. You're in Hawai'i now! Make the most of it!

Ok. So it seems we go to beach about once a weekish. Yesterday we went to this beach we thought would be sooo cool and it just ran into the beach we've been to a lot. (But there is a reason we go to that beach a lot) so I stayed awhile and did some bodysurfing since the waves were pretty good. But this morning we tried out three new snorkel spots! The first was cloudy and a little rough - we may try it again sometime when we have more guinea pigs (haha aren't we just the best hosts ever?) The second one was awesome. It's not really amazing when it comes to diversity but it's clear and you could stay there for an hour and not see it all. Getting out was very difficult though and I have scars to prove it. The last was on the reddish black sand beach in Kihei. Getting in was much easier here but the there wasn't many fish. We swam a good way - probably a half mile at least.

So we are going to explore West Maui Thursday. Updates then!!!!

Lindsey

(P.S. I am so inconsistent with this blog. I reccommend checking it weekly)

2 comments:

  1. I have you on my Saturday blog list, so I'm going to try to check you every Saturday! The snorkeling sounds wonderful. I know Eler Beth would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you guys can come visit and we can all snorkel!

    ReplyDelete