Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A little more settling

Day 2!

I woke up at 5 AM this morning - I guess I'm not adjusted to the time change. Somehow I managed to go back to sleep and woke up around 6:30. I had breakfast and me and dad went off to the beach. The two beaches are right next to eachother and named Ulua and Mokapu beach. The snorkeling here is just wonderful. It's mesmerizing to see a beautiful, different world and being close to it.

After ditching the snorkeling gear, I headed to the waves for some body surfing. It is not always easy. Catching the perfect wave is hard enough - try catching the perfect wave in the perfect way! I managed to do it a few times, though. I love seeing the joy of people enjoying the Hawaiian beauty and fun. Even adults find their inner kid and play in the waves!

We also checked out a school here. It's called Kihei Charter and it's a little like my old school. I am having a terrible time trying to decide between it and Maui High School. I mean, the logical part of me says to go Kihei Charter since it's what I'm used to, and 11th and 12th graders only have to go to the school twice a week - the rest of the work is done online! On the other hand, I do like school and Maui High School will give me the oppurtunity to meet more people in the area...

Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. You'll make the right decission. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to the charter. I'll have more time for my horse, very important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you know about school? Hasn't the charter school started already? When does the regular High School start.

    ReplyDelete